Sunday, July 8, 2018

Update time!

Okay, so a lot has changed in our world in the last few weeks. I finally moved out to Missouri on July 26. Tim was at the airport to pick me up and then scadaddle over to the rental car place to pick up a rental car since the Jetta is in transit and hopefully here soon! My first few nights here we stayed at an Extended Stay America. I would like to refer to this place as the ghetto motel. I had stayed there a few times before with Tim, but never really realized how bad it was. Poor guy got eaten alive by bugs a few nights before I got there. He looked like he had the chicken pocs. Poor guy.


On July 31, we closed on the new house, and officially became home owers again. We do love the new house though, so it is well worth it. Although, we are still waiting on the sod to be put into our yard. The dirt has either been too wet, or then the weather is too hot for the sod people to put down sod. I figure if it is going to stay right near 100 degrees outside I would rather them wait so I don't have a mondo water bill.


The movers came last week on Friday to bring all our stuff. Now, my next question is: Why if something is brought to the attention of the packers that it is a high value item is it not packed more carefully??? Two of my high valued item articles have been either damaged or broken? Which of course irritates the heck out of me, because stupid things I could have cared less about making the move were packed better. Although, I must say that the cheap Walmart entertainment set that Tim bought before I even met him finally bit the dust with this move...I was estatic about that! I swear, it was the cheap piece of furniture that would never break for a long time.


Now, I am officially a house wife, but hopefully not for long. I have a job interview on Monday with a dentist in a neighboring town. So, until then, I am getting all the odds and ends done, as well as unpacking. Today I have the ADT guy coming to install our new security system, as well as the blind lady coming to measure blinds for our house. Tim is busy working, finishing up his last two weeks of school, as well as in the process of joining an adult softball team

No comments: